Monday, June 4, 2012

A Special Guest Post by Peter Langela

Antalya City Blog has a big surprise. Our special guest is Peter Langela from the Netherlands. He loves Antalya and we asked him a few questions about Antalya and our blog.

Can you tell us a little about yourself? 
   
My name is Peter Langela, 50 years, married, 6 kids, live in Losser, the Netherlands and parttime in Antalya, Turkey.  In the year 2000 I founded Starsale B.V. in The Netherlands, a company for the development of professional websites, web applications, mobile applications and the professional use of social media.

My target focus is on mobile application and social media. Every month I give workshops and  presentations for entpreneurs, business associations and managers.

In the Netherlands I host the business talkshow ‘Twente Onderneemt’ (www.twenteonderneemt.tv) on local TV station ‘TV Enschede’. Every week I talk to local business owners, politicians  and managers from the public sector about working, living and doing business in the region of Twente.

What is the meaning of Antalya for you?


In 2003 I visited Antalya for the first time for a private holiday with my wife and I was impressed of this beautyfull and dynamic city. In 2006 my company researched for an international location to outsource software development and to find a 2nd market for Starsale B.V. We researched many countries including India, China, Romania and Turkey. The choice was Turkey because of the fast growing economy, the good educational system and the good availability of young software developers.

In Turkey we contacted with several Teknokent’s in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and Antalya. Antalya Teknokent responded immediately and could convince us to visit and this is how we started in Antalya. In May 2006 we started the business here and since then Antalya became my second home town.

From the region Twente in Enschede we can choose from 6 airports with over 10 direct flights per day to Antalya. Our office in Antalya is closer by than many people can imagine. 

What is your favorite activity in Antalya?


I come every month for about one week to Antalya. In the beginning I feel and behave like a tourist but in between I experience the city as a local. In The Netherlands I attend weekly Turkish lessons and bit by bit I understand the language. My favorite activity in Antalya is get lost in Antalya and discover new amazing places every time again. 

Do you have a memorable moment ever in Antalya?


  In the past 6 years I have many memorable moments from Antalya. 

What do you think about Antalya City Blog?

   
Antalya City Blog is a good initiative and a good source for everyone who is interested in Antalya. I often forward the  articles to my network via social media and via mail. I keep following you!

Other Great Photos by Peter Langela 


Our Special Thank You to Peter Langela for  writing to us as our special guest author! (Dank U)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit & comment! I enjoy reading your thoughts. Don't forget to subscribe :) Have a fabulous day!